Hello from the world of Beyond the Pacific! Thanks for dropping in, whether as a returning friend or for the first time.
There’s no claim of being a guru of any sort or to offer advice of any kind, purely sharing from a diverse well of knowledge and experiences, pulled together from many years and areas of expertise, in a format that I love most: writing!
I’m Miriam Ratu and it is my sincere wish that blogs, vlogs, poetry and podcasts shared through this Beyond the Pacific space will resonate with you and that you may leave here better than when you first arrived.
I truly hope that you will feel inspired, maybe crack a smile from the heart or had a a-ha moment with content you come across; and I have no doubt you may disagree with something shared.
Click here to share your feedback and subscribe to our mailing list for updates delivered straight to your inbox.
Values | Vision | Mission
OUR SIX CORE VALUES:
- RESPECT: Our culture is driven only by respect, honesty and a spirit of collaboration.
- CARE: We care about the well-being and success of every person.
- CELEBRATE: We are obsessed with celebrating the achievements, talents and bravery of others.
- QUALITY: We favour niche quality interactions as opposed to a mere quantity of associations.
- IMPACT: We make a positive difference in every community we serve.
- EXCELLENCE: We pursue excellence in everything we do, each blog we write and every podcast we release.
1. To share smart and uplifting content through blogs, vlogs, poetry and podcasts;
2. To provide a savvy space that is highly informative by sharing knowledge on topics that matter to our South Pacific region and its people; and
3. To provide a platform that celebrates successful Pacific Islander entrepreneurs by discovering their journey to achievement.
Me in a Nutshell
- My happy places are being in the great outdoors with my wonderful hubby, drinking endless amounts of tea with his creative daughter and cuddling our 2 fluffy Ragdoll cats [Cleo & Patra in pics above] when they let me.
- I graduated from Bond University with a Bachelor of Business degree and have enjoyed my career as a Business Operations Manager on the Gold Coast. I’m also halfway through a deferred Bachelor of Laws degree and will complete my legal studies in future.
- My fashion label, House of Ratu, fuses traditional tapa prints with a modern professional twist.
- In my purpose-driven time, I serve as President on the not for profit board of directors for the Pacific Fashion Festival Inc. and actively contribute to its committee. For the past six years, we have been advocating against gender-based domestic violence through the above non-profit organisation.
- Being a member of the Pasifika Women’s Alliance provides us the opportunity to be a voice on women’s issues, challenges and strengths to local, state and federal governments for all Pacific Islander women amongst other objectives.
Thank you for stopping by. Come join me in going above and Beyond the Pacific! Miri, xx.